Monday, January 24, 2011

End of Fight Club Week 2...Legs.

I'm pretty stoked about my progress. By the end of week two, I lost 5 pounds. However, I learned how weak my legs are and how skipping is the hardest thing to do. It's something I'm going to have to work on.

Here is a video I did with Holly before her Thursday night class (it was absolute hell) (Sorry it was a little dark). 


Pan Am Boxing Club - Fight Club 3 - Legs Part 1 from Jim Agapito on Vimeo.

To quote Holly, I'll use the comment she posted on a previous blog:

Ah yes, legs week! One of my favorites because like Freddie says "you gotta have a strong foundation"

Well I think our contenders got a hearty burn in their legs today! I saw lots of legs short circuiting and knees buckling in the gym, including my own!! I actually love when that happens because in an instant you can feel your body failing you and the next moment your up on the bag, moving in and out as your muscles recover quickly and all your past training comes back to help you! (I must admit I had a lot of anger in me today and decided to take it out on the contenders... now I feel better:)

The contenders are all doing great and getting stronger... I'm actually a bit nervous for when we start sparring with them because they aren't going to know their own strength!! Hence the importance legs and moving out of the way! lol.




Fight Club 3 - Pan Am Boxing Club - Legs Part 2 from Jim Agapito on Vimeo.

We are doing well contenders!!! Let's give the trainers a run for their money.


This week is going to be a combination of core and legs. It will be a challenge.


Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment